Public Beta available for X4: Foundations v2.00
Egosoft continues to work on their latest title at rapid speed bringing hotfixes regularly. If you can't wait for the official release, the beta for the major 2.0 update is ready for testing!
As usual, before downloading the public beta version of the game, make sure to read the official public beta rules and informations. Since this is a beta – expect things to break and back up your save files before continuing.
X4: Foundations v2.00 patch notes
- New Feature: Player-owned stations with Shipyard, Wharf and Equipment Dock facilities.
- Added options to set custom name for savegames and to delete savegames.
- Added ware exchange between ships docked at the same station.
- Added possibility to start/stop travel mode and SETA while map is open.
- Added warnings about non-working venture modules due to station layout.
- Added fighter wings directly subordinate to carriers.
- Added display of partial skill stars to one third of a star accuracy.
- Added preview of ship storage capacity after all planned trades to info menu.
- Added trade menu warning that ware is not available after all planned trades.
- Added separate Remove all Orders and Wait option, replacing parameter to Remove all Orders.
- Added failure sound when invalid hotkey is used while map is displayed.
- Added confirmation before closing station build menu if there are unsaved changes.
- Added tooltip for greyed-out claim option to show reason.
- Added full Japanese localisation (text only).
- Improved Xenon threat.
- Improved turret aiming and target movement prediction.
- Improved combat movement of frigates.
- Improved combat movement of capital ships with good captains and crews that do not have forward-mounted weapons against other capital ships or stations.
- Improved capital ship combat movement against small and medium targets.
- Improved balancing of capital ship defensive and offensive capabilities.
- Improved balancing of capital ship use of boost during combat.
- Improved balancing of capital ship crews bailing when ship is attacked.
- Improved balancing of missiles.
- Improved balancing of ware prices and production profitability to emphasize smart business decisions.
- Improved target acquisition for ships, particularly when attacking stations or capital ships.
- Improved command information shown by attacking ships when attacking a subcomponent of a bigger target.
- Improved range over which ships that run out of ammo can look for a known equipment dock from which to re-stock.
- Improved kinds of stations requested from station building missions.
- Improved encyclopedia information for production and factions.
- Improved Logical Station Overview to show station's recommended budget instead of the currently needed money in account settings.
- Improved quickload hotkey (F9 by default) so it loads the latest saved game, not necessarily a quicksave.
- Improved playback logic for music tracks from previous games.
- Improved performance when working with very large stations.
- Improved menu performance.
- Fixed issues with target elements in the HUD in certain cases (e.g. when using "external view" through the map while standing on a ship/station).
- Fixed keyboard and gamepad selection not working in scrolling dropdown elements.
- Fixed previous/next target hotkeys and enemy targets sometimes not working when flying captured venture ships.
- Fixed previous/next surface element hotkey sometimes not working after loading a savegame.
- Fixed behaviour of autopilot shortcut in the map (now correctly toggles autopilot on guidance target).
- Fixed production modules sometimes not updating their animation when production starts/stops.
- Fixed research wares being listed in economy statistics of the HQ.
- Fixed storage types in encyclopedia not being localised.
- Fixed turret modifications breaking ship info menu.
- Fixed broken Logical Station Overview menu for stations missing a storage type and having no planned modules.
- Fixed broken menu when firing crew and then hiring new people in the ship buy/upgrade menu.
- Fixed missing title text in ship construction context menu in map.
- Fixed ship assignment not being queued correctly (possibly upsetting existing trade deals).
- Fixed deliver inventory mission not correctly placing the character in some situations.
- Fixed Bring Item mission offers not being removed properly if destination station or NPC was killed.
- Fixed several issues with Fleet Delivery mission.
- Fixed Scan mission not checking for destruction of target station module.
- Fixed Scan mission to require only normal scan rather than deep scan for station modules.
- Fixed missing guidance to station module in Scan mission.
- Fixed Passenger Transport missions to filter out incorrect stations.
- Fixed Find Lockbox mission to ensure containers remain in mission area.
- Fixed station ownership not being transferred in Build Station mission
- Fixed trade and pirate guild mission offers not changing over time.
- Fixed incorrect faction and other text for several dialog options and briefings in war missions.
- Fixed introductory mission of war subscriptions getting stuck.
- Fixed Holy Order outliers sometimes prematurely precipitating conflict with the Godrealm of the Paranid.
- Fixed attacking ships repeatedly approaching and retreating from target before getting close to it.
- Fixed ships moving out of pursuit distance to attack targets in their initial approach.
- Fixed ships attacking stations flying at and firing upon station target box instead of station modules.
- Fixed patrolling ships attacking build storage.
- Fixed ships showing excessive DPS when weapons are in more than one active weapon group.
- Fixed builder ships wandering into hostile territory.
- Fixed capital ship subordinates of carriers sometimes attempting to dock at their commander's ship.
- Fixed station-based trading ships setting their current sector as their home sector rather than their station's sector.
- Fixed ship/station operations being hampered by docked ships working for that ship/station not undocking while player is present.
- Fixed boarding ships that are missing ammo trying to disable boarding target anyway.
- Fixed formation skill checks not respecting the player being the pilot.
- Fixed another case of patrolling player-owned ships chasing hostiles beyond their engagement range.
- Fixed squadron subordinates apparently trying to attack ships from their own faction.
- Fixed player-owned ships sometimes inadvertently firing missiles depending on their weapon group setup.
- Fixed turrets set to Attack my Current Enemy not firing when they should.
- Fixed turrets set to Attack my Current Enemy firing when they shouldn't.
- Fixed ships attacking stations stopping their attack after destroying a station module or surface element.
- Fixed turrets on the player ship that are set to mining mode not firing on asteroids.
- Fixed boarding ships not launching boarding pods in certain situations.
- Fixed fleeing ships acquiring a target and attacking in certain situations.
- Fixed ships attempting to disable a target deliberately destroying it instead.
- Fixed ships with a Follow order not responding to certain situations.
- Fixed player-owned ships attacking friendly ships while patrolling player-owned space.
- Fixed non-police ships (including player-owned ships) sometimes responding to calls for police assistance.
- Fixed non-Xenon races not constructing defence stations.
- Fixed build storage of destroyed stations not being cleaned up.
- Fixed NPCs rubber-banding for a long time after loading a savegame in certain situations.
- Fixed NPCs getting stuck in elevator if player uses it while NPC is walking in it.
- Fixed NPC marshalling animations during player docking/undocking.
- Fixed multiple NPCs standing in the same position on some Argon bridges.
- Fixed cases of duplicate interior rooms on stations.
- Fixed frozen movement in bridges of docked capital ships.
- Fixed cargo trades with Black Marketeer sometimes failing.
- Fixed module hacking requirements not being respected.
- Fixed area damage not being correctly applied in certain situations.
- Fixed ships flying huge curves when going long distances.
- Fixed multiple shipyards attempting to fulfil the same NPC ship build requests.
- Fixed NPC ships sometimes requesting more subordinates to be built than they desired.
- Fixed stations not claiming sector ownership if claiming module is built later.
- Fixed turrets and shields not being added to station module when not part of a new module.
- Fixed station module stats and achievements not triggering with the first module of a station.
- Fixed station module recycling sometimes interrupting an ongoing build.
- Fixed recycle times of station modules.
- Fixed exploit where wares could be gained when recycling modules.
- Fixed inability to remove last remaining module when planning a station.
- Fixed not being able to cancel ship orders in some cases.
- Fixed total build time being off by up to one minute for some objects.
- Fixed onboard units not being factored into object value.
- Fixed inconsistencies with station hull values.
- Fixed stations not remembering their Drone/Unit supply settings.
- Fixed small ships failing to exchange wares with ships they can dock at.
- Fixed ships needlessly undocking to trade.
- Fixed faction discounts and commissions not being removed when relations worsen.
- Fixed transfer of crew from one role to another not being possible at shipyard/wharf/equipment dock if no other changes are made.
- Fixed EMP-induced signal leaks on unowned small and medium ships claiming them for the player when scanned.
- Fixed lasertowers spawning in wrong location when deployed from Elite.
- Fixed lasertowers potentially ending up in the exact same position in space.
- Fixed objects attracted with the container magnet sometimes getting an unreasonable speed.
- Fixed ships sometimes oscillating around target positions if SETA is active.
- Fixed ships docked at other ships sometimes appearing twice in the elevator menu.
- Fixed issue resulting in data leaks sometimes appearing inside station modules.
- Fixed roll input in highways steering in the wrong direction.
- Fixed inability to remap camera input control.
- Fixed not being able to load certain user-provided files (e.g. custom logos) with non-ASCII file names.
- Fixed floating geometry on the M-sized Beam Emitter Mk2.
- Fixed rare freeze related to player ship control.
- Fixed several causes of crashes.
Hotfix 1 changes
- Fixed missing shipyard build module blueprint licences for players who had already undertaken ally ceremony (problem introduced in 2.00 beta 1).
- Fixed ware prices overrides to fit new ware price ranges (problem introduced in 2.00 beta 1).
- Fixed menu crash caused by out of range ware prices (problem introduced in 2.00 beta 1).
- Fixed crash which could occur when saving while certain station components are under construction (problem introduced in 2.00 beta 1).
How to get beta access
- Make sure that your savegames are backed up!
- To start using the Beta version, right-click X4: Foundations in the Steam client
- Select Properties and go to the Betas tab
- Enter the password IBackedUpMySaves
- Select public_beta from the dropdown list.
- To return to using the non-Beta version, select NONE from the same dropdown list.
- Make sure that your savegames are backed up!
- Select X4: Foundations in your GOG Galaxy game collection.
- Click on "More > Settings"
- On the right hand side of the page, click on "Beta Channels: OFF" and select "ON"
- Click on the "Channel" option and select "Add Private Channels"
- Enter the password for the "Public Beta" channel: IBackedUpMySaves
- Select the "Public Beta" channel.
- To return to using the non-Beta version, click on the "Channel" dropdown and select "default"
As always, all bug reports can be sent directly to Egosoft via the official beta forums.