Interdictors and Combat Interceptors get a balance pass in the new update
The new Howling Interdictors update is coming on 27 October, screaming its way into EVE Online, bringing changes, variety and balance to Interdictors and Combat Interceptors!
The choice of which Interdictor to use for a specific purpose in-game becomes more interesting with changes to Power Grid and CPU usage, velocity, ship bonuses and more to some vessels in this category.
The changes in full are as follows:
- CPU increased to 250 tf (was 210)
- Power Grid increased to 71 MW (was 64)
- Max velocity to 316 m/s (was 305)
- Signature radius to 78 m (was 85)
- Mass reduced to 1,100,000 t (was 1,200,000)
- CPU increased to 290 tf (was 280)
- Caldari Destroyer bonus changes to "10% bonus to missile kinetic damage" (was 10% bonus to missile explosion radius)
- Interdictors bonus changed to "10% increased shield HP per level" (was 10% bonus to missile kinetic damage)
- CPU increased to 270 tf (was 240)
- PG increased to 70 MW (was 60)
- Amarr Destroyer bonus changed to "10% increased armor HP per level" (was 10% bonus to light missile and rocket max velocity)
The update to Combat Interceptors will see role bonuses added to the Claw, Crusader, Taranis, and Raptor, including a 100% bonus to the benefits of overheating Afterburners and Microwarpdrives.
A new Stasis Webification Probe will also be introduced as part of the Howling Interceptors update, acting as a new charge type that can be used in interdiction sphere launchers. When used, it will drop a probe in space with a short delay until it explodes, applying a 30% web effect to all nearby ships which lasts for 30 seconds.
You can experience these changes on the Singularity test server as of Wednesday 21 October.
Fly safe and fear the sphere!